This is recipe was modified from http://www.food.com/recipe/apple-oatmeal-muffins-38059
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk, almond milk, ...
- 1/2 cup peanut oil - or use 1/4 butter, 1/4 oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour - I used a little whole wheat as well
- 1 cup uncooked thick cut oats
- 1 1/2 mashed ripe banana, milled
- 1 Tbs baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 medium or 3 small apples, -cored, peeled and chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Grease 2 mini muffin tins.
3. In a mixing bowl, lightly beat eggs; add milk and oil, stirring until just blended.
4. Stir in flour, oats, banana, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon, mixing until only just moistened (do not overmix).
5. Gently fold in the apples.
6. Spoon batter into the muffin tins, dividing evenly among the cups.
7. Bake in a preheated oven for 23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
8. Cool in pan 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to finish cooling.
9. Serve warm or cool; store unused portions in an airtight container.